I love this pack. It is the perfect pack for a light overnight backpacking trip in the summer, a ten mile hike up a peak, or even just a short hike. It is comfortable, whether it is stuffed full or almost empty. The configuration of the pack makes it great for loading and unloading, with quick access to items even deep in the bottom of the pack, during a hike.
- Breathable AirScape ridged foam backpanel with adjustable torso length
- External reservoir sleeve
- Zippered sleeping bag compartment with floating divider
- Stow-on-the-Go trekking pole attachment
- Integrated removable raincover
- Hip belt with pockets and sternum strap
- 2 large mesh side pouches
One of my favorite features is the sleeping bag compartment. I use a Timbuk2 Snoop camera pouch to carry my camera, plus an extra lens or small film camera, with some protection while we are out hiking. This camera pack fits perfectly in this bottom "sleeping bag" compartment and makes it super easy to access camera gear from the bottom of the bag. This allows me to store all my other items in the top of the pack that is easily accessed through the drawstring top closure, or the really smart side access zipper.
Since I got my pack, Osprey redesigned the pack a bit, but all of the basic features remain. It seems the styling was updated to the newer Osprey look, but the great functionality of this pack remains. The pack is an excellent choice for a "quiver of one", do-it-all pack!